Friday, September 13, 2013

Friday the 13th, What is the Deal?

Courtesy of Bitstrips via Facebook

It's not Halloween yet, but for some reason Friday the 13th seems to be connected to things like bad luck, superstitions, and creepy myths. Well, to be honest, I've never really understood the whole Friday the 13th superstition. Granted, I've never seen the movie (I know, I have problems). Still though for as long as I can remember people tend to get a little paranoid over the 13th when it lands on a Friday. As I was looking into the history of the "Friday the 13th" superstition, I started reading about it's origins and came across some interesting ideas. Apparently legend notes the number 13 as unlucky because in numerology 12 is designated as "completeness"- 12 months, 12 hours (24 if you count the whole day),  12 zodiac signs, etc. Friday is also an unlucky day of the week, which makes me laugh because if I had to choose any day during the week as unlucky it'd probably be Monday or Wednesday. I mean c'mon why are we hating on Friday? Seriously though who makes up this kind of stuff? Friday is just a day, well other than being an annoying Rebecca Black song. The number 13 is just that, a number. Do I believe in superstitions? Some yes, but Friday the 13th isn't something I can honestly say I take belief in. Do people act strange on Friday the 13th? Oh yes! Watching people's paranoia is a little entertaining actually!

If you do happen to have a fear or problem with Friday the 13th, I'm offering you some creative suggestions to help easy your mind and get you through this crazy day. I've listed 7 ideas here, why seven? Because it's lucky of course!

1. Indulge yourself by eating a big bowl of Lucky Charms: 
2. Find a four leave clover and keep it on your desk! Or cut one out with green construction paper and make a cute little pin out of it. This would be a really fun and cute crafts to do with kids!

3. Try listening to songs that mention Good Luck or being Lucky! Here's my suggestion- Madonna's "Lucky Star"

4. If you find a penny on the ground only pick it up if it's on heads 


5. Wear your lucky socks, necklace, tie, bracelet. Anything you have that will you give that extra positive spark! 

6. Go play a round of horseshoe! 


7. You made it to number 7 and guess what? 7 is a lucky number! Consider yourself just endowed with Good Luck!

So there you have it friends! Bet you didn't know that The Creative Cabana is lucky too! Lucky to have such wonderful readers like yourself. Don't forget to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest, for more creative ideas. Enjoy your Friday everyone!

*Images used in this post were pulled from Google Images. The bitstrip photo was created using the Bitstrip App. located on Facebook. The song and video to "Lucky Star" is the property of Madonna. No Copyright Infringement intended.

No comments:

Post a Comment