Monday, September 16, 2013

Creative Mastermind for Week 9/16: Jamie Neal- "A Single Girl's Journey To A Life Of No Regrets"

Good day to you my wonderful Creative Cabana readers!!! It's Monday, new day, new week, which means a new Creative Mastermind has been crowned. In keeping with the ideals of trying to mix-up the background and occupations of the recent Creative Masterminds, this week I have done something a little different and I have chosen to profile my good friend, sorority sister, and fellow blogger- Jamie Neal.

Jamie and I met during our freshmen year of college and experienced all kinds of interesting things together. She was one of the first people I met on campus and instantly I was attracted to her kind personality and sense of wit. Together we served on our school's homecoming committee, became sorority sisters, and now here we are living the post-grad life.

Jamie has a blog of her own titled, "A Single Girl's Journey To A Life of No Regrets." In her blog she talks a lot about some of the things she's experienced in her post-grad journey, and discusses her steps into living the life she wants to live. She really gives a good insight into things that we might not always think carefully about. Her blog sort of articulates what a lot of younger adults go through as they try to transition into this thing called "adulthood".
Jamie really puts a lot of personal thought into her blog and organizes it into a chique-designed template.

So what it is about Jamie Neal that makes her a Creative Mastermind? It's just simply that. Jamie is truly one of the most creative and unique individuals I've ever met. She's artistic, thrifty, simple, and resourceful. She's not a celebrity in New York or Hollywood, you won't find her on TV, and you probably won't find her as a best-selling author anywhere- although I hope some day she achieves all of this! She's just a normal person who happens to be richly blessed with the gift of creativity and resourcefulness.

I look to Jamie as a Creative Mastermind because she shines in talent not just with her blog, but also her many hobbies of photography, writing, and crafting. In her blog she's addressed several of these features and how she has accomplished them. One of her more recent posts addressed the topic of photography and how one deems it as "professional". Very similar to the beliefs I have on this subject, she also displays examples of some her best photography work to date. These are just great examples of what qualities I try to look for in a Creative Mastermind- insight, inspiring, and a unique level of creativity.

If you do get a chance, please check out her blog  "A Single Girl's Journey To A Life of No Regrets" and I hope you will discover some of the unique aspects about her that I enjoy. She is my friend and sorority sister, but I also look to her as someone who inspires me to really "think outside of the box", not just with art, crafts, or anything like that. She has personally encouraged me and her peers to not be afraid to do what makes you happy. Being creative personally makes me happy, so find what makes you happy and you too can become a Creative Mastermind like Jamie Neal!

*If you know someone or something who would make an excellent candidate for Creative Mastermind, please leave a comment in this post.

1 comment:

  1. I think you're blog is awesome! Thanks for the highlight! LIOB

    ReplyDelete