Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Welcome to Day Five! Sorry, No Gold Rings Here Though!

In every version of "The 12 Days of Christmas" people always look forward to hearing the unique verse "5 GOLDEN RINGS!!!!!". So naturally, I'm sure you're expecting something unique for today as well right? HA! You're in luck then, because I don't have gold rings, but I do have something ring-shaped for you today!

That's right today's special craft is 5 Homemade wreaths! I think sometimes wreaths get swept under the rug in popular decoration because they seem ordinary. Most wreaths consist of the classic assortment of leaves, twigs, and sometimes flowers shaped around wire to form a ring figure. Then there's usually a bow attached on top for decoration. Over the years I've seen them evolved to include more fancier decoration, but the ones I admire are the custom designs. If you create your own wreath, chances are it will be more decorative to your liking and probably cheaper than buying one at the store. The cool thing about wreaths is that they don't have to be made from nature. So I've decide to give you five creative ideas for decorating the perfect Christmas wreath!

Personally, I like to consider wreaths as the perfect decoration because they're simple, classy, and yet easy to handle. If you're designing your own custom wreaths, then it's even better because they're fairly simple to construct and easy to maintain. Basically you'll be starting with some basic wire to make your wreath as big (or small) as you'd like. The next piece is of the puzzle is what is thing going to be made of? In the pictures provided above, I found these particular designs to be quite unique and eye-catching no matter what level of crafting to you consider yourself to be. Some ideas of materials you can use for your wreaths can be jingle bells, paper, beads, necklaces, or ornaments. These are my five suggestions for you to create your own personalized Christmas wreath, but these few ideas aren't your only option. Find what theme you wish to present in your design and follow it throughout your project. If you like the color red, then consider adding red elements to your wreath to help make that statement. If you prefer the more traditional look of a wreath, then you can invest in common decorations like ribbons, pine cones, ornaments, or other winter novelties at your craft store (for a low budget price!)

The main thing to keep in mind with this project is that, it's all in the art of how you want your wreath to look! I gave you five ideas for creating homemade wreaths, but really the possibilities are endless! Find what you like and GO FOR IT! Once you have your perfect wreath designed and ready for showcase feel free to share your creation with us, by leaving a comment about it or you can always share your photos with The Creative Cabana on Facebook or Twitter.



Please remember my friends, I'm in the process of moving hence the major delays in getting my posts uploaded. I truly apologize for the delays and will do my best to work around them through my crazy schedule! The holidays were meant for fun, not for moving, so please bear with me! Have a great night and I'll see you all tomorrow!



* All images used in this post were gathered from Google Images, although the collage picture itself was of my own creation. I give fill credit to the respective photographers and owners of each craft (and drawing). No Copyright Infringement Intended.

No comments:

Post a Comment