Monday, October 28, 2013

Creative Mastermind for Week 10/28: Javier Pérez

Greetings everybody! I hope you've had a good Monday and an awesome start to your week!

For this week I have some pretty cool ideas planned at The Creative Cabana in celebration of Halloween coming up this Thursday. First things first though, I'd like to present to you this week's Creative Mastermind. I saw a link to this person's artwork this morning on my Facebook page and was instantly intrigued. I've never heard of this artist before, and chances are you probably haven't either. However, let us both be inspired and check out this person's artwork together...

This week's Creative Mastermind is Javier Pérez, an Art Director and Illustrator from Ecuador. Upon looking at his art designs which are posted on his Instagram and Behance accounts, he uses small common objects and combines them with simple illustrations to create a more interesting piece. What I like about his work is that it's so simple and so humorous too. I mean some of the drawings remind me of doodling that people at work or in class tend to do when they're bored- myself included. I really enjoy these illustrations because they really get you to think outside of the box. It's a common concept to take household objects and use them in your artwork- he used these pieces to create texture, space, and subject completion. Again, the main thing about his work is the humor and clever technique he uses in putting his drawings together with objects (and eventually photographing them as well).






So there you have it my friends, short, simple, and to the point. Actually, I couldn't find a whole lot of info on Javier Pérez other than everything that was in Spanish (sorry, no translating here!) But still, the pieces he has created are imaginative, definitely creative, and humorous in design. I imagine a lot of his picture will get you think "Huh. I never thought of it like that", trust me I did that a lot when I was looking through his pictures. If you'd like to see more of his work, be sure to visit Javier Pérez on Instagram (click for access). Congrats to Javier Pérez for your incredible talent and excellent work!

If you know of someone (or something) that would be a great Creative Mastermind, please share your ideas by commenting on this post. I'd love to hear your ideas and The Creative Cabana is the perfect place for sharing creativity!  

*All pictures and artwork described in this blog post are the sole property of Javier Pérez. These images were used from his public Instagram account. These are being published for sharing only! No profit is being made from these photos. No Copyright Infringement Intended. 

No comments:

Post a Comment