Thursday, February 5, 2015

Something Has To Be Done...

Hello everyone!

If you are a loyal reader, just visiting, or new to the site- welcome! In the event that you are a new visitor to The Creative Cabana, then this probably isn't a post you'll want to read first. It's been difficult trying to figure out the right words and the right time to bring the truth out about this blog and how it has shaped my life, as well as (hopefully) inspiring yours.

If you look at the date of this post compared to the previous post, you'll notice there is quite a large posting gap between these two entries. Why is that? About 95% of the reason for that is ME. For the last few months I have really struggled with being able to take the time to dedicate myself to this blog. I'll admit to have suffered a few episodes of Writer's Block during this time period, but a lot of it has to do with me looking to improve time management skills. So if there are readers out there who have been anxiously awaiting a new Creative Cabana post since September- I apologize. I have been dealing with a lot of personal issues and with that comes taking my free time to get other things done.

During this time, I also sat down and reevaluated my initial reasons for getting into Blogging. I started The Creative Cabana initially as my creative outlet. I wanted this to be a place where I could post and discuss different creative talents in the arts and people who inspire those talents. I have since discovered that I lack the time and focus to commit to those efforts. I had hoped that by this point, my life would be in a better position where I could invest in the tools needed to help my blog succeed. Unfortunately that has not happened, yet. Instead I have decided to shift my focuses into a new concept for blogging- essentially I'm starting over from scratch.

I'm changing blog platforms, subject, and goals into my new blog. The Creative Cabana will still be live and fully accessible through Blogger, however the corresponding social media accounts will be deactivated so that those accounts can be used for my new blog. My new blog which is titled Devotional Danielle will be available on WordPress starting March 1st. This new blog will be focused on uplifting and inspirational topics generated to get people thinking, and offer words of encouragement. It is my hope that the lessons I have learned from The Creative Cabana will translate into new aspects in Devotional Danielle.

I refuse to call this blog a failure because it isn't. This was my first official attempt at maintaining a blog on a regular basis and I created this particular site based on my interests. I'm still keeping true to those interests, I'm just starting over with a clean slate and a new idea. As soon as Devotional Danielle goes live, I will post a link on this site so that you can check it out. If you are currently following The Creative Cabana on Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest look for those pages to come down as the month progresses. I simply want to thank each of you reading this now for your support and for your interaction with The Creative Cabana. It's not an end, it's only a new beginning and something new to look forward to. Best wishes and never hide your creativeness!

- Danielle
Courtesy of Bitstrips via Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment