Thursday, April 3, 2014

Updates and Housekeeping

Hello my friends and welcome to The Creative Cabana!!! This is the place where creativity thrives, but sometimes procrastination and time commitment also can get in the way of sharing these great ideas. I've been having those problems for the last few days, partially due to my work schedule as well taking care of other commitments. HOWEVER, that doesn't mean I haven't been planning some great upcoming topics for this month.

The first order of business is to finish our Web Design series. I hope you've been enjoying it as much as I have been creating these tips for you. The great thing about creating your own website is the fact that your imagination can run wild and there really are no limits to what you can create for your marketing purposes. In the last episode, I talked to you about content- what do you want to display on your website. After taking some time to gather what materials you'd like to place on your page, I think the next step will be to discuss organization. This goes in hand with the previous discussion about templates, but you might need to do some adjusting to the formatting on the page depending on how you want it to look. So we'll be discussing that next and then once you have the page designed and ready for publishing then it'll be time for "Reveal" which will be the final part of the Web Design series.

On a recent stroll in Netflix I came across a short documentary titled "Inside: Pixar". For those of you who may not recognize the name, Pixar is the animation studio responsible for giving us Computer Generated Disney films like Toy Story, Cars, and The Incredibles. This short documentary gives you a behind the scenes look at how movie magic is made from the artists and designers at Pixar. I haven't had a chance to watch this yet, but I thought this would be a terrific topic to talk about here at The Creative Cabana considered how Art and Creativity go together especially in the movies.





In the coming weeks, I'll also be sharing some insights and reviews on books that I have been reading to increase creativity in designs that can be used for marketing, promotions, public relations, or simply art. I am personally looking into expanding my skills through digital design and I thought it would be valuable to share these tools and my experiences with you. If you like drawing, I also have some books I'll be discussing to help show off your sketching abilities. These suggestions will hopefully inspire you to get out and enjoy exercising your hands and arms in the art of sketching. Spring time is also an excellent opportunity to go outside, relax, and get fresh air which can help inspire creativity. For me personally, since my family and I moved, we have a lovely outdoor space and Florida room that I'm dying to use so I can share some creative projects with you. It's all part of the benefits of warm weather (finally).

So that takes care of the updates and what to watch for this month. ALSO, if you're not already, make sure to follow The Creative Cabana on Pinterest as there will be fresh ideas on special projects for Spring Activities and we've started a new board filled with Easter activities. Don't forget to "Like" The Creative Cabana on Facebook and follow us on Twitter for more fun and the latest updates. Stay tuned for more great posts and in the mean time enjoy the rest of your day everyone.

*Images used in this post were gathered from Google Images Search Results. I do not own Pixar, Disney, Toy Story, Cars, or The Incredibles. Those films belong to their respective owners and studio companies. No Copyright Infringement Intended.

No comments:

Post a Comment